Saturday, January 27, 2007

PaniCast 36 New Blue Rolling in Between Doors Records

Another week another Cast...

You folks have all been so supposrtive of what we are doing here and at the main site... here are a few songs for a few of you who have sent kind words lately.

We start off with the obscure original New Blue (click here for lyrics). Only played three times in fall 2001, JB pulled this out in his performance with Sam Holt last weekend at Hannah's Buddies. We then are treated to an old school Hatfield featuring a Riders on the Storm tease and JB rapping about Hatfield's mama playing Doors records. And then a song of my choosing, Diner. This monster from 1998 may be my favorite version of this song.... Then some silliness from Dave with the Who cover Magic Bus and finally we round out the classic rock tributes with a guest performance. Robby Krieger of the Door plays guitar on this sprawling version of Light My Fire.

November 2, 2001 Dane County Coliseum Madison, WI

New Blue

October 14, 1996 Civic Center Monroe, LA
Hatfield (with Riders on the Storm Tease)

April 3, 1998 Borderline London, England
Diner

November 30, 2000 MSU Regional Special Events Center Murray, KY
Drums > Magic Bus

November 2, 2000 Wiltern Theatre Los Angeles, CA
Light My Fire (with Robby Krieger)

Make sure to click COMMENT below to let us know what you think -

DOWNLOAD the cast here:
Everyday Companion Podcast #36
Click here to subscribe through iTunes.

PRESS PLAY TO LISTEN NOW!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Monroe addition to the cast. What a pleasant surprise, Ted! I guess you got my email about that wonderful show. What a treat! Thank you. Keep up the grand work you are doing. ~Eric

Anonymous said...

Nice to find a Panic podcast. Thanks!

One comment: Could you be more descriptive in the "info" that comes with each episode?

A good example would be like from the Tea Leaf Green podcast. Each episode has info that looks like this:

[begin]
00:00 - Sweet Leaf (6/3/06 - Park West - Chicago, IL)
06:05 - Jezebel (6/3/06 - Park West - Chicago, IL)
15:46 - Trouble (5/21/06 - Aggie Theatre - Fort Collins, CO)
24:11 - Kali-Yuga > (6/2/06 - High Noon Saloon - Madison, WI)
35:05 - The Garden (Part II) >
38:22 - Kali-Yuga >
40:05 - Sex in the '70s >
41:31 - Kali-Yuga
42:21 - The Devil's Pay (6/2/06 - High Noon Saloon - Madison, WI)
49:39 - John Brown (6/2/06 - High Noon Saloon - Madison, WI)
56:42 - Zoom Zoom (5/27/06 - Summer Camp - Chillicothe, IL)
66:07 - Wet Spot > (5/21/06 - Aggie Theatre - Fort Collins, CO)
70:10 - Pond >
72:51 - Wet Spot

Format: MP3 (128kbps)
Duration: 1:15:35
Size: 69.2 MB
[end]

Ted said...

Interesting thought, adding more info. Frankly that seems like alot of work for not much benefit. Would the timing information be helpful for people to know or can they look at the setlist and figure out where one song ended and another began? I barely have enough time to produce the cast without more legwork to do... I'll think about it though...

Anonymous said...

Good idea, but probably not worth the time on your end, Ted. Thanks again for everything you do!

Anonymous said...

OOO my goodness!!! I was soo surprized to see Robby k. playn Light my fire w/ the boys. I had heard about panic do'n covers of there songs but untill now id never heard any. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH for this weeks cast!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found this site. omg. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bro for this, It is truly amazing......Great stories too with each Cast! Thanks for SPREADIN the love! Keep up the Good Work...I may have to buy another Ipod just for these!

Anonymous said...

ted you do a fantastic job, i would probably never came across true blue and i love it

Anonymous said...

Your work here is greatly appreciated! Do what you can to keep it going...Thanks, Chase

Unknown said...

I agree with Tyler- you do a great job and New Blue would have been random, if ever, to my ears. Do you know anything about where New Blue came from or why it dropped in and then back out (kinda like Cream Puff War was for the Grateful Dead)? Could you do a cast of songs that weren't played a lot/and or might not be known by the masses? Easy Wind, It Was You, etc?

Ted said...

Mitch
Good suggestion. I'll see what I can pull together that would be worthwhile. Or maybe I'll do an obscure song once a week... we will see!

Tim Keenan said...

Wow, New Blue...was very new to me.
That's going into the rotation.
I'd also never heard they did Light my Fire with Rob from the Dorrs, and I thought Magic Bus was relegated to the 80s. This cast was full of surprises.
Thanks for opening my eyes.
Your work Is appreciated.


Cheers,

Tim