Tuesday, June 05, 2007

PaniCast 51 The Five Headed Monster

Podcast #51 is the first of our second year doing this - and when I say 'our' I mean 'my.'

This week features selections from the February 27, 1992 show at the Masquerade in Atlanta. This show has no keyboardist and is an interesting view of the band in transition; a year earlier T. Lavitz had just joined and in a matter of days JoJo would join the band. I've heard some refer to this period as the 'five headed monster.'

This show is also notable because it features some new tunes including Diner (2nd time played, featuring JB's original lyrics about building a rocket to the moon), Better Off (2nd time played), Hatfield (3rd time played), and Wondering (2nd time played). It also features the return of L.a. and Walk On to the repertoire.
Check out this link for a torrent of Feb 27, 1992:
The Masquerade Show

I may end up missing a week or two in June / July so take that opportunity to check out the following links from last year's Red Rock's special broadcasts:
May 31, 1996
September 14, 1991
June 25, 2000 part 1
June 25, 2000 part 2
June 24, 2001
June 26, 1997


Here's how it goes down this week!

Intro music
Walkin' Jam, Red Rocks, May 31, 1996

February 27, 1992
Atlanta, GA
L.a.
Diner
Fishwater
The Take Out >
Porch Song
Better Off >
Stop Go

November 21, 2000
Louisville, KY
Send Your Mind
Red Beans Cooking
Last Dance

We would love to hear from you, so please click 'Comment' below and let us know what you think or if there is something you' like to hear.

DOWNLOAD the cast here (right click to save to hard drive):
Everyday Companion Podcast #51

Click here to subscribe through iTunes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the podcast Ted. They keep me rocking with my newly purchased IPOD (bought with my reward points. :) 29,000 of them! ). I was wondering if you thought of doing one of all the best "George Moments". I know of alot of freaks probably wouldn't care too much but I still have mad respect for him and for the good times that he made happen since he filled that spot for 3 years. Anyways, just a thought, thanks again my friend.

Ted said...

I don't have any plans on doing a George special - this podcast focuses more on the pre-2002 music of Widespread Panic.